Consultant or Coach
(such as: Autism Specialist, Behavior Specialist, Instructional Coach, Curriculum Coach)
ROLE IN SCHOOL & IEP TEAM:
Give direct support to a teacher or team based on individual needs. Build capacity within teachers so they can implement the strategies they have been trained on with multiple students. Provide district/agency training in multiple areas of instruction, behavior and curriculum.
How I use VOISS ADVISOR:
I have familiarized myself with the VOISS Advisor website to the point where I can navigate it fluently. This is so I can be a resource for my teachers when they have questions about anything VOISS related and train them to use VOISS Advisor content. I also use videos and resources from the “evidence-based practices” tab in trainings for teachers, paraprofessionals & support staff. In addition to the content on Advisor I use the website to read FAQ’s and ask tech support related questions related to the VOISS app.
Here’s how advisor has made my planning easier:
Within the lesson plans I…
- Use the “definition of the social skill” to help write BIP goals & benchmarks for students, based on areas identified in the VOISS screener.
Through the “VOISS App” tab I…
- Access the “VOISS Inventory ” button which takes me to the portal. There I can see the social skill domains covered. I guide my teachers to use the inventory results to build students’ programming based on areas prioritized.
- Access the “VOISS Progress Monitoring Tool.” I help my teachers become familiar with the graphs and data displayed here. Once a student has mastered a skill in the app, we then start planning for generalization. The Progress Monitoring portion of VOISS allows us to make data based decisions.
Here’s My Route:
- VOISS Tab->“VOISS Inventory”-> Overview video
- Teach Social Skills->Lessons Plans-> Definition of Social Skill
- Evidence-Based Practices-> Instructional Methods-> Role Playing
- Home-> contact us-> send us a message
- Home-> contact us-> FAQ’s